Welcome to Cedar Island’s Rustic Resort & Motel
Located in beautiful Cedar Island, North Carolina. Your first stop in the Outer Banks! Just 45 miles east of Morehead City. Enjoy our mild weather year round. Located on Pamlico Sound with breathtaking views, beautiful beaches, quartz sand, full service RV Park, motel, restaurant, sports bar and so much more. Boat ramp on-site to launch your small boat, canoe, jetski or kayak.
Fun Things To Do:
• Pamlico Sound offers world class Red Drum fishing & some of the best fishing on the east coast
• Take the on site ferry to Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks
• Rent canoes and kayaks on site from the rental office
• Golf cart rentals by the hour, day or week available in the rental office
• Boating available in both Pamlico Sound from the public boat ramp or Cedar Island Bay from our private boat ramp
• Catch fish, oysters, clams and crabs for dinner
• Purchase fresh seafood locally from local vendors and fish houses for delicious meals
• Visit Cape Lookout National Seashore and tour the lighthouse
• Duck hunting guides available through our rental office
• Fishing Charter Guide services available through our rental office
• Spend your day at our beautiful beach. Have lunch or drinks delivered to you from our restaurant right to your beach space. Have beer, wine or a cooler of beverages delivered any time during restaurant business hours to the beach or to your room.
Cedar Island is home to 50 of the famous Outer Banks wild Spanish horses. These horses roam throughout Cedar Island and 3 other islands and often times are at in our pasture or right by the boat ramp for all to see. On your trip to Cedar Island’s Rustic Resort horseback riding on the beach is an absolute must do bucket list item. Our horses are well trained, friendly and love to take our guests throughout the beaches and crossing 1000 foot water channels searching for the wild horses. Rides are available year round. Call now to schedule a time at 252-515-9441 or Book Online Now
You will never get tired of looking at these awesome sunrises and sunsets. Come and watch the otters and ducks play in the bay.
Our private boat ramp into Cedar Island Bay can handle most small boats and -some larger shallow draft boats depending on the tidal range. A deep draft -public boat ramp is also on site into Pamlico Sound.
We have a friendly staff that is eager to serve you. Never hesitate to ask for assistance. Book your room now and come enjoy the beautiful panoramic views of the Pamlico Sound and Cedar Island Bay. Enjoy your stay!!