Welcome to nature’s paradise. Cedar Island is filled with amazing beaches, sprawling marsh grass, abundant wildlife and is truly a hidden slice of paradise. During your stay here we strive to give you a wide variety of choices for your entertainment and relaxation. Cedar Island Resort has everything you need to make your vacation the trip you remember and keep you coming back every year.Nearly 200 acres of pure nature and over a half mile of breathtaking quartz sand beaches you are sure to enjoy every minute.
Although our renovations will continue throughout 2017 and into 2018 we will launch our rental program in mid May and have many things available all season long. As you arrive at Cedar island Resort stop in our Rental Office to check in for your stay as well as getting details on all of our options and activities. This is a run down of what we will be offering for the 2017 season:
- Horseback riding on the beach – One of the few places in North America you can ride for miles on virtually untouched beach. You will take a guided tour on a well trained horse throughout Cedar Island’s gorgeous beaches. On our longer rides you will likely cross over parts of the Bay to a completely uninhabited island. On your ride you will usually come across a herd of wild Spanish ponies who travel throughout the islands freely. Truly a once in a lifetime experience you must do on your stay.
- Canoes & Kayaks – What better way to see the amazing beauty of Cedar island than cruising through the Bay on a canoe or kayak. We have quick and easy access to Cedar Island Bay and Pamlico Sound located on the beautiful Cedar Island Resort. Our unique location is a haven for kayakers – beautiful, pristine waters, abundant wildlife, marshes, and wonderful beaches. Great for the whole family or just yourself. The waters are shallow. Normally 2 to 5 feet deep in the bay and the current is mild unless it is an extremely windy day. Stop in the Rental office for more details or to reserve your ride. Your paddling adventure will take you places to see nature at its best. During your kayak adventure you may be able to see a wide variety of birds. White egret, gray heron, sea gulls, shore birds, and turns and along certain sections, you can see several species of ducks as well as Canadian geese. Jumping fish are almost assured to be seen and you may see a few river otters on your journey as well. Along the shores of Pamlico Sound you may catch views of the wild Spanish horses or even the wild cattle that roam freely throughout Cedar Island and Hog Island.
- Private Reserved Beach Spaces – What better way to spend a perfect summer day than to have all of the hassles of being at the beach taken care of for you. We will have a section of the beach reserved for our guests only. We will be offering several different packages, but you will likely choose the premiere package. A Reserved Beach Lounge Chair, Umbrella, Lunch & Cocktail Cooler of Ice and 4 Waters. Your lounge chairs and umbrella will be put up and taken down for you. Lunch and a cocktail will be delivered directly to you on the beach or if you prefer or come take a break in our brand new Sharkys Sports Bar & Grill. A cooler filled with ice and 4 waters will be ready for you at your umbrella station when you arrive. It just might make the perfect day! (Inquire at the Rental Office for other packages)
- Golf Cart Rentals – Brand new gas golf carts will be available for your enjoyment. We chose gas carts for some extra power on the beach. Travel from your RV space, motel room, to the beach, restaurant, etc. for as long as you like. Hourly, daily, all weekend. Anything you like. (Inquire at the Rental Office for other packages)
- Sand Volleyball – You gotta get some exercise while you’re her. How about some sand volleyball. We ‘ll have a full size court with all the good stuff. We may even throw in some league play if you come often. (Inquire at the Rental Office for balls or to reserve a time)
- Billiards – Sharkys Bar *& Grill has the ticket for you. Come anytime during our normal business hours. We have multiple tables with open pool and some league play as well during certain hours. See you in Sharky’s for a beverage and some pool. Come catch all of the games as well. We have tons of TVs with your favorite sports teams every day.